Holy Baptism is the basis of whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit, and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; we become members of the Body of Christ, are incorporated into the Church, and can share fully in its mission. In Baptism, the Holy Spirit moves us to answer Christ's call to holiness. We are asked to walk by the light of Christ and to trust in his wisdom. We are invited to submit our hearts to Christ with ever deepening love.
Find complete Baptism Guidelines and Checklist HERE.
Some general guidelines for Baptism at St. Michael include:
- Parent(s) or legal guardian(s) must give reasonable belief that the child being Baptized will grow up under the Catholic religion.
- Parents and Godparents must attend a Baptism Preparation Class.
- Families must be registered parishioners at St. Michael Church for at least 3 months.
- Godparents must be Confirmed Catholics, at least 16 years of age, who are living harmony with the precepts of the Catholic Faith.
- There may be one or two Godparents. If there are two, one must be male and the other female.
The above guidelines apply to children under age 7. Children age 7 and older needing to be Baptized may receive the sacrament through the Parish Religious Education Program.